Along with the application you will need to submit:
- Official copy of grades/transcripts from past 2 years of academics, including English translation and school seal.
- Teacher recommendation, completed in English, preferably from the student's English teacher.
- Copy of birth certificate and passport.
- Documentation of a TOEFL or SLEP score.
- Documentation of completion of an English intensive summer training program.
Once the application is received a Skype interview will be scheduled. After the interview a decision will be made regarding admission to Covenant Christian High School. There is not a specific order to those prospective students awaiting acceptance. The decision is made based on the student file, availability of host families and the fit of the student to the available host families. The acceptance decision will be emailed to the family or hosting agency within two weeks.
When the student is accepted a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $350 will be necessary to move forward with the enrollment process. That deposit can be made by check or bank transfer.
Once the enrollment deposit is received an I-20 will be issued and sent to the family by mail with a Letter of Acceptance.
After acceptance, please complete these requirements to confirm enrollment eligibility before August:
- Immunization records (translated into English) stating that the student is current on Indiana State required immunizations.
- Proof of medical insurance, students are required to obtain medical insurance for the duration of their stay at Covenant.
- Signed letter from the student's parents stating that they have read and agree to the Program Guidelines.
- Pay tuition, minus the enrollment deposit, in full prior to August 1st. Failure to do this can result in the cancellation of the I-20.
- Sign the I-20 issued to you by Covenant. Your signature on the I-20 commits you to the terms outlined on page 2 of the I-20.
- Arrange and notify Covenant, hosting agency (if using one) and your host family of your travel arrangements. You will need to arrive on campus the day that school begins. Check the school calendar for this date. You will want to arrive in Indianapolis a few days before this date to move into your host home.
Once a student arrives at school they will meet with our guidance counselor to set their schedule. All students are required to take our RISE class unless they test out of this class.